HIAS Pennsylvania’s 2022 Wish List for Immigration
- End Afghan family separation – make sure that no Afghan family member of an Afghan who made it here gets left behind.
- Offer a pathway to citizenship for any temporary status – People with DACA or with other Temporary Protected Status (TPS) have been living in the United States for years, perhaps for their entire lives. They are community members. They pay taxes. They should have a path to citizenship.
- Make our roads safer by ensuring driver’s licenses are accessible to all – House Bill 279 is still going through the PA State Legislature. Join Driving PA Forward, a coalition including HIAS PA, in contacting your state legislators often to demand driver’s licenses for all!
- Guarantee due process for all Pennsylvanians – make sure your local government officials and State government officials know about the Pennsylvania Immigrant Family Unity Project (PAIFUP) and fund it. We need you to help us spread the word about PAIFUP in your local communities and advocate for financial support.
- Help our community’s newest students – ensure that the school district of Philadelphia hires Bilingual Counseling Assistants for Pashto/Dari. Contact the Philadelphia School District today and ask them to provide BCAs to help Afghan students rebuild their lives in Philadelphia.
How You Can Help
- Watch our panel on Afghan evacuees and Haitian TPS to learn more and advocate with us
- Contact your legislators and advocate for improved immigration policies
- Donate to provide much-needed assistance for immigrants
- Volunteer to help provide a better life for immigrants in the Greater Philadelphia area
- Subscribe to our newsletter to stay current about the ever-changing immigration landscape and upcoming events
- Help us fight disinformation about immigrants. Write an op/ed in support of improved immigration policies in your local newspaper.
- Are you a landlord? Do you have space in your home to help refugees get a fresh start? Help us provide affordable housing to immigrants.