If you are a new client trying to access our services, please call us at (215) 832-0900 during our intake hours. Before doing this, please see our eligibility criteria below to determine if you qualify for our services.
Intake Will Be Closed for Thanksgiving
- Domestic Violence
- Asylee or Refugee cases
To access our services, call us during our intake hours on Wednesdays from 9:30AM to 12PM and Thursdays from 2PM to 4:30PM at (215) 832-0900.
Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haitians: If you are a Haitian immigrant who entered the US before or on November 6th, 2022, please call (215) 832-0900. Learn more about Temporary Protected Status for Haitians.
Emergency referrals from service providers: If you are referring urgent cases for HIAS PA services from a nonprofit, hospital, or other organization, please email HIAS PA’s Intake program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not accept walk-ins to our office
- We do not accept collect calls
- If you are in immediate danger, call 9-1-1. If you are experiencing domestic violence and seek resources, support, or a safe place call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799 SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.
HIAS Pennsylvania works with low-income and at-risk immigrants and refugees.
Eligibility criteria and prioritization for legal representation include:
- Income: Services are generally targeted to families and individuals who have an annual income of less than 187.5% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Expertise: Services are targeted towards those who fall under our expertise.
- Vulnerability: Services prioritize those most vulnerable (experiencing homelessness, etc.). Services also target those in removal proceedings.
Thinking about applying for citizenship but don’t know if you’re eligible? Click here.
We regret that we are unable to meet the needs of every immigrant who needs legal representation, even those who are otherwise eligible for our services. There are other service organizations you can contact for assistance if we are unable to assist you.