- This event has passed.
2022 Citizenship Day
Multicultural Community Family Services
7016 Terminal Square
Upper Darby, PA 19082 United States + Google Map
September 17, 2022 is AILA Citizenship Day!
For Volunteers (See below for client/applicant information):
Citizenship Day is a single-day nationwide event hosted by AILA chapters across the country and their local grassroots partners to provide free or low-cost assistance to eligible legal permanent residents who wish to apply for U.S. citizenship.
Our AILA chapter (through the tremendous efforts of our Pro Bono Committee), along with additional AILA members and various organizations in the community, is organizing a Citizenship Day in the Philadelphia area to help eligible lawful permanent residents apply for citizenship. We are looking for volunteer lawyers, legal workers, and interpreters who are willing to volunteer to help people apply for naturalization.
The event will take place on Saturday, September 17, at Multicultural Community Family Services, Inc., 7016 Terminal Square #3A, Upper Darby, PA. There will be two sessions starting at 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM, respectively. Each session will be approximately 2.5 hours.
There will be a virtual training held for all volunteers prior to the event, so no experience with naturalization is required.
You will not be asked to actually represent anyone and will not be asked to sign on as counsel.
If you are willing to help out, please reply by clicking on this link to sign-up: http://www.stepuptocitizenship.com/volunteer.html
We look forward to having you join us for this fantastic event!
Any questions please contact Karen Hill, Philadelphia Chapter Citizenship Day Coordinator, at
Citizenship Day is a single-day nationwide event hosted by AILA chapters across the country and their local grassroots partners to provide free assistance to eligible legal permanent residents who wish to apply for U.S. citizenship.
Our AILA chapter is organizing a Citizenship Day in the Philadelphia area to help eligible lawful permanent residents apply for citizenship.
The event will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
● Be at least 18 years old by the date you file
● Have been a lawful permanent resident for at least the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
● Have been present in the U.S. for 2-1/2 of the past five years (or 1-1/2 of the past three, if married to a U.S. citizen), and have not been outside the U.S. for one year or more within the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
● Have been a resident of the state from which you are filing your application for at least three months
● Be able to speak, read, and write English
● Be able to pass a U.S. history and civics exam (You will not be tested at the event.)
● Be a person of “good moral character” (this will be difficult to establish if you have failed to pay child support, taxes, or have been convicted of certain crimes, among other things)
● Be willing to take an oath of loyalty to the U.S.
If you are interested in participating in this event, please reply to this link:
We will screen your eligibility and if you meet the criteria, we will contact you directly to register
you for the event.