- This event has passed.
TAKE ACTION PHILLY: Proposed Public Charge Rules Change
Philadelphia Bar Association
1101 Market Street, 11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107 United States + Google Map
The new Proposed Public Charge Rule that could seriously adversely impact immigrants, and, as a result, have terrible public health and education ramifications.
Join us at a convening of National and Local Advocates and City Officials who will explain the proposed new rule, the status of the rule, the implications for our community if the rule passes and, most importantly, provide advocacy instruction and assistance for opposing the rule.
Moderator: Miriam Enriquez, Executive Director, Office of Immigrant Affairs of the City of Philadelphia
Confirmed for the Panel (alphabetically):
1. Ahaviah D. Glaser, JD, Director of Health Policy for the Office of Government Affairs and PolicyLab, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
2. Julia Hinckley, Policy Director, Health and Human Services Cabinet of the City of Philadelphia
3. Maripat Pileggi, Staff Attorney, Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
4. Oni Richards-Waritay, Executive Director, African Family Health Organization
5. Sonya Schwartz, consultant for the National Immigration Law Center