Temporary Refugee Hosts are needed to provide short-term housing for refugees right after arrival, while they are getting oriented to their new life in Philadelphia. Refugee families arrive in all sizes and types, but we have particularly acute need for temporary hosts for our single refugee arrivals.
DURATION: Housing duration need ranges from a few days to a maximum of two months. A one month commitment is ideal. Let us know what you're able to do.
- Housing should be located in easy access to SEPTA city transit service (not regional rail).
- Temporary Hosts should provide a bedroom for refugees, as well as access to the kitchen.
- Newly arrived refugees are usually very busy in their first few weeks in the US, going to orientations, appointments, ESL classes, and the like. Hosts should be comfortable with them having a key to the home.
- Refugees may or may not speak English. Hosts should be relatively comfortable housing non-English speakers.
- Hosts are not responsible for providing food or otherwise taking care of their refugee guests.
- Hosts should have (or be willing to get) background clearances.